Have Yourself a DIY Holiday

It was an extremely busy holiday filled with a TON of projects.  I wish I had documented everything a little better, but please send comments on anything you would like to see a step by step tutorial on!
 Decorative cardboard letters- Approximately 1cm in width, painted and glued into place
Christmas Card Wreath... Great way to display and enjoy all of your holiday cards!  See the wreath below?  Look familiar?  I used sewing pins to hold the Christmas Cards in place, I'm sad to take it down!

The Scent of Christmas!  I combined a collection of items including cloves, cinnamon sticks, grapefruit rind, & water into a mason jar, sealed it and listed instructions.  This is a perfect hostess gift!


 Giving Money as a gift?  Uncle Bob is going to Alaska so I filled a jar with fake snow and rolled up the bills and tied them with ribbon.  For my brother, I gave him "Cold Hard Cash".  I put the bills in plastic baggies, filled the container with water and froze it.  Jake had to wait till the ice thawed to see how much money he got for Christmas! As a side note, I put it in a box and wrapped it and it had already started to melt and was leaking.  It was VERY entertaining watching him open it, he was very perplexed!
 Fort Building Kit-
I've got a ton of kids in our family and wanted to give them something that could be a family gift as well as challenged their imagination.  My mom got them a life size Kinex, so we thought they would need some gear to go with it!  I made custom tags for each bag and laminated them! 


 The glow sticks seemed to be the biggest hit!  Isn't that always the case?

Centerpiece- I used magnolia leaves and pine cones from my yard and paired them with some artificial berries and battery powered candles.  I sprayed some of the pine cones white!


 Infinity Scarfs- I made these with magnetic snap closures so that you don't have to double wrap them and mess up your hair.

 Cranberry Infused Vodka- This was the biggest hit this holiday and I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the finished product with the adorable labels!  I made these right before Thanksgiving and let them sit through Christmas.  At our Christmas Open House we served with Seltzer and they were gone in a flash!  I will definitely be making these again!

Cranberry Lime Infused Vodka Recipe

Lastly is the Modge-Podge Canvas
Since we got married this year I took a ton of wedding photos and printed them on regular paper and used Modge-Podge to adhere them to the canvas.  I did this not only with wedding photos but with some larger prints for my parents house.  It was a hit!

 As you can see Dad was very excited!  There was a larger print I wanted to do for him too, but wanted to double check with him before I did it, so this was an after Christmas gift... right before we got on the road with the stomach flu back to NC!

(More Photo's to follow)

Here are some Holiday themed app's that I did that were SUPER easy!

Christmas Tree Veggie Platter
 Mini Caprese Salad Skewers
 Savory Salmon Cups
 Sweet Pepper Relish & Cream Cheese Spread

Cranberry and Goat Cheese
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
 Fresh Scallops (caught by my hubby) wrapped in maple bacon (on the lower right)
Baked Raspberry Brie with Walnuts

We also had pulled pork sandwiches & three-bean chili.

Comments

Popular Posts