Ladies Night In

In speaking with a friend that you haven't talked to in a while, when asked how you're doing, have you ever found yourself saying, "Fine, I've just been soooo busy." 

We are all busy, we all have our day to day routine, and sometimes we can get so caught up in going through the motions that we forget to take the much needed time that we all need to branch out and enjoy!

When you have this revelation, a Ladies Night is born!



There have been so many ladies that I have been meaning to spend some time with,  but of course... I've been SOOOO busy!  I looked at my calendar and planned 2 weeks out to ensure that this gathering would actually happen.  I sent a facebook message out, (nothing formal) and told all of the guest to bring someone they've been meaning to spend some time with.

Here are some highlights of the festivities, gossip not included!

Munchies and cocktails are a must!
I have a few Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, & Dairy Free Friends so I tried to pick some bits that would appeal to all!






For the signature cocktail I made a cucumber breeze and served it in glass bottles!

Fresh Guacamole with blue corn chips and corn& flax seed chips

Bean Salad with corn, cilantro, and lime

Mini Caprese Skewers

Vegetable Crudite with roasted red pepper hummus & ranch

Veggie Lettus Wraps

Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooters

 Pasta Salad (not shown) made with brown rice noodles, fresh basil, roma tomatoes, balsamic, olive oil, & lemon zest!


It is July and hot in Wilmington, so I served the treats on a bed of ice to keep things cool so we could enjoy the outdoors!









Favors for the ladies that doubled as an activity!






One of Heartleigh Hampton's Designs!  (that is me)  I was tired of the girls asking me to make them jewlery, so I planned an activity and did a tutorial for them to make their own! 
Everyone's turned out great! 
 DIY to follow for all of you to enjoy!



Yaay for friendship bracelets!

Conversation piece and a "get to know your neighbor" game

Cheers to a great night!!!


Comments

Popular Posts