Cheers to the weekend?

I know this is a bit pre-mature since it is only Thursday, but words can not begin to express my excitement for the upcoming weekend!  Why you ask?  What fabulous endeavor do I have in store?  Answer:  Absolutely NOTHING!  The hustle and bustle of this summer has taken it's toll, so kicking back at the beach this weekend with a cocktail in hand sounds FABULOUS to me... that is what summer's about right?
Here's my beverage of choice to aid in the relaxation process!
Tequila Sangria
Ingredients:

2 oranges
3 limes
1/4 cup sugar- I will substitute with Splenda or Stevia
6 cups ice
1 (10 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
1 cup silver tequila
1/2 cup triple sec
1 bottle of champagne
4 cups chilled lemon lime soda

Directions:

1. Juice one orange and two limes to measure 1/4 cup juice each. Combine juices and sugar in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Thinly slice remaining orange and lime.
2. Add ice, juice mixture, orange and lime slices, raspberries, tequila and triple sec in a pitcher and stir. Add champagne and soda, stir gently and serve!
Yield: 12 servings

Comments

Popular Posts