Watercolor/Photo Creation

So I came up with this idea and so far so good, although it didn't start off that way.  I've been seeing all of these tutorials on taking a photo and getting it enlarged (engineer print) and then using Modge Podge and a wooden board to make it look like a canvas print.  When I went to get the print I asked for an engineer print at max size in color.  As a heads up... all the tutorials say that they prints are around $10-$15...that must be for a black and white.  I had a color print made at about 27" x 21" and it came to $30.00.  This is still less expensive then getting a photo print/canvas at that size.  The problem though with the print is that the color was really faded and poor. 
Here's where some creativity came into play! 
(This is where I got married and I want to make a "canvas" like print to hang in the house)
It's hard to tell from this, but you can see on the grass on the right hand side where I started darkening the photo with some watercolor paint.  The water and the sky were the lightest, they were almost white and the grass was a yellow green...very unrealistic!

So I mixed some of the watercolor paints together to create some of my own colors and with some additional water went over the existing image.




You can see where the colors pops a lot more now!




Here are the two right next to each other so you can see the difference
Final is on the right & the original is on the left


Part II of this tutorial will be using the Modge Podge and affixing it to the wooden board. I'm wondering if the watercolor paint will bleed? I guess we'll find out! Stay tuned!

So I finished!  It turned out pretty good, not to be for the first attempt at this! 


 

Comments

Popular Posts