Celebrating an Anniversary


There is a lot of wedding chit chat on this site, and in lieu of my parents 34th Wedding Anniversary this post will be dedicated to celebrating them and all they have accomplished as a couple.

I see a ton of weddings and give tons of advise about planning them but I am certainly not a marriage expert by any means.   I am very new at this "marriage thing" myself  but one thing I do know about marriage in relation to the actual wedding is this:  The "Wedding" itself is just a minute part in the big scheme of all that is ahead, all that it signifies, and all that it means.

My parents have been through a lot... and I mean... A LOT in their 34++ years together and I'm saying that based on what I know.  I can't imagine how many other stories, trials and tribulations, laughs, and tears there have been that I am unaware of.  Based on what I do know I have learned a tremendous amount from, too much to explain in this post so here's just a few thoughts.

Marriage is sacred and it needs to be treated that way.
It is not always easy, sometimes really hard.
You CAN get through the hard. 
Family is everything and a priority. 
Time can't always heal all, but it can sure help heal a lot. 
Laughing goes a long way.
Make time for what matters most.
A kiss before you leave the house.
You grow up to grow old together.


Comments

Popular Posts