MOH Duties- Feeling Special

At the beginning of the week I had mentioned my new title as MOH for my cousin Deanna which I am very excited about... AND taking very seriously!

In my post I listed the top duties a Maid of Honor typically has, but one thing I failed to mention is how important it is to make the bride feel like a bride.  Engagement is weird.. many times you know it's coming or sometimes you may be 100% surprised.  Regardless there is a ton of momentum and anticipation prior to the engagement and then... It Happens!  When it happens you are beyond excited, overwhelmed, speechless, etc.  You jump up and down and tell everyone you know and for about a week it is one big celebration filled with texts, emails, posts, phone calls, and gatherings.  Then... IT STOPS!   Friends and family (although very excited for you) go about their everyday lives while the bride starts the planning process and that warm fuzzy feeling that she has starts to dissipate and what seemed like it would be here in a second seems forever away!
MOH's Job: 
Don't let your bride forget how it felt when she first knew that she was going to be a bride!

Being a bride is a lot like having a part-time job and most brides do the majority of the planning while working a full time job.  This in turn is where a lot of the fun is taken away from the planning process... which should be fun! The thought of "being a bride" starts to associate with the word "stress", and a lot of brides start feeling like this title isn't all it's cracked up to be.
 Be sure to be there for your bride, check to see if there are things you can follow up on, phone calls you can make, or go with her to any appointments if available.  If you aren't capable of that, a text here and there or a phone call checking in can mean so much! 
You were obviously selected as MOH for a reason...the Bride holds you in high regards so being there for her will mean the world to her.  Plus, a Happy Bride is always a good thing!

Here is a little idea I had to make my bride feel special!
Custom T-Shirt Get it here
For some reason the file is making it look like it says "Gett In", but it was printed correctly as Gettin


I also used this site to make make shirts for my bridesmaids back when I was the bride... Something else that is important... appreciating of your Bridal Party!  I will update you on those shirts another time... they were super cute and were used in a unique way... To follow!

Comments

Popular Posts