Flavorful, Low Calorie, Quick & Easy Dinner

Every week I do my best to have a general idea of what my lunch and dinner menu will consist of for the rest of the week.  I usually don't plan ahead enough to specify the exact menu, but more so whether I'll be eating chicken, beef, variety of veggies, etc.  I go ahead a bag up two servings of meat in a zip lock bag and put them in the freezer after purchase.  That being said, when I wake up in the morning to leave for work, I pull the bag out to thaw so that when I make dinner, I'm also making my lunch for the following day.  Cooking for two? I just grab two bags! 

Tonights Menu: 
Bake Lemon, Rosemary, & Curry Chicken Breast,
Served with Warm Rainbow Swiss Chard, Kale, & Tomato Salad

Under 250 Calories- works well with Low-No Carb diets & HCG Diet

All you need:
20 minutes
4oz Chicken Breasts
Lemon Juice or 2 Lemons
Rosemary (Picked Fresh from the Garden)
Curry Powder
Grassini Breadsticks
Rainbow Swiss Chard
Baby Kale
Tomato (Picked Fresh from the Garden)
Fresh Garlic
Basil (Picked Fresh from the Garden)
       






Heat oven to 350 degrees
In a pan, place the 4oz thin chicken breasts and top/baste with lemon juice and lightly cover the bottom of the pan.  Lightly Salt & Pepper the chicken, then top with a shake or two of curry powered.  Sprinkle with fresh rosemary. To add a little pazaz, take a few Grissini Breadstick and crumble over the chicken.  If you are looking for a bit of a crunch, let chicken bake for 15 minutes prior to adding the breadstick crumbles.  Grissini Breadsticks are a lot lower in calories that bread crumps and help curb the carbohydrate cravings!
Set the timer and bake for 20 minutes

while you're waiting on that...
Chop up Rainbow Swiss Chard, (even some of the stems), kale, & tomatoes.  Place in saucepan on medium heat and top with 1/4 cup of lemon juice.  If you are not a fan of lemons, dilute with water. Chop fresh garlic, I always use my chopper from Williams Sonoma...such a fabulous purchase or gift!  Get it here!  Cover and let simmer on low heat until it cooks down and your chicken is done!

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts