Spaghetti and Meat Sauce, Minus the Spaghetti!

Another low calorie meal for your enjoyment!


I don’t know about you, but I get frequent cravings for pasta…what I found is that so much of these cravings are for the sauce versus the actual pasta.  I'm sure some of you have heard of Spaghetti Squash substitute for pasta.  This is all well and good, but involves a little more prep time and who really keeps spaghetti squash on hand at all times?  (Maybe some people do, but not me)  I have a great alternative to not only cut your prep time, but cut even more calories!  If you thought Spaghetti Squash and meat sauce was low in calories, angle hair coleslaw is about half the calories!
Prep Time: 5min

Cook Time: 15min

In a sauce pan sautéed ground turkey or beef with finely chopped onions & freshly chopped garlic.  Once meat is fully cooked, strain out all the grease and begin your sauce prep.

Store bought sauce is FULL of unnecessary sugar which packs on the calories; here is a quick and easy way to make sauce without all of the sugar.



Add one can of diced tomatoes to the meat; pour in half of the juice that’s in the can. 

Add one can of tomato paste.

Chop 2-3 Roma Tomatoes

Add Fresh Veggies- Green Peppers would be good if I cared for them, I like to sometimes add steamed broccoli.  You can also add mushrooms and additional onions.

Add fresh basil (I used some from my garden) and Italian Seasoning (salt free), and a little bit of pepper.

Mix everything together and let simmer on low

In a steam pot, pour bag of angle hair coleslaw, cover and fully steam till coleslaw is soft.
Top your coleslaw with your meat sauce some graded cheese and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts