DIY- Gift idea's for a New Born!

We have been most fortunate to welcome a few more little ones over the past few months so I have decided to update this post with some more DIY New Born Baby Gift Tutorials.

A Big Warm Welcome to lil' Baby Banks!  We have been anticipating his arrival for...well at least 9 months now and we are so excited to welcome him into the world!  I wanted to do a lil memento for baby and mommy and I think it turned out just great!
I purchased a white shadow box from Michael's as well as some fun "new baby" them scrap book items.  I also got some fun paper, some wooden letters, sewing pins, and lastly... picked an adorable picture of the new lil' man!  I decided to add with a stencil and paint his birth date as well as his height and weight!  Isn't he so handsome!  (I tried to keep the nursery colors in mind when making this, that way if they decide to put it in the baby's room it will match!)
I saved the invitation from the baby shower and cut it up into small thin pieces, wrapped it around a pencil to get it to curl, then placed in a clear glass ornament and added a bow. 
I've made quite of few of these ornaments in the past year with all of the wedding and shower invitations I've received!  I think they are great gifts! 
Here's some pictures of some of the others I have done.


What a cute lil baby and what a cute little keepsake for the very special family!
 
Now for baby Lily... some custom made blocks.. but also useful storage units!


 
Super easy... first find out what the colors or pattern the nursery is going to be then pick out appropriate scrap book paper that matches!  I picked 6 different patterns!
Then just do the following:
 
1) Trace the sides of the box and cut out each piece, then use white paint and paint the edges of the blocks
 
2) Use Modge Podge to adhere to the box 
 
3) Let Dry, and have a glass of VINO
4) Use a Craft Knife once paper is dry to cut a slit where the box open's
 
5) Cover with another layer of Modge Podge
6) Glue on Wooden Letters (I purchased pre-painted letters)
7) You can add other decorative items... I ended up adding a butterfly!
 
 
Monogram Canvas for Baby Isla!
 
 
I had to travel with this gift so I had to pack lightly! This was perfect!
Super easy... yet again!
 
1) Get a Canvas, Pattern Paper large enough to fit your canvas and Wooden Letters
2) Paint letters
3) Modge Podge Paper to canvas, cut to size prior
3) Modge Podge/Craft Glue Painted Letters to the Canvas
 
I coated with a clear sealer!
 
Welcome Beautiful Baby Isla!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts