DIY- Wreaths

I wanted to make some wreaths to have throughout the year that I could interchange the accessories  for the various seasons/holidays.  I opted for a burlap and twine wreath and they were actually pretty easy to make!
 
Burlap Wreath-
 
 
What you need-
 
1- Wreath Frame... I selected this natural looking one.  If I did this again I would leave the plastic wrap on, this stuff makes a mess.  I made the mistake of removing it so I ended up wrapping it in burlap to keep it together.  A foam wreath frame would work as well.
2. Sewing Pins
3. Burlap- I bought a roll of 10ft from Michael's
4. Ribbon
 
 
As you can see... I made a mess when I took the plastic wrap off.  I wrapped in the burlap and secured with pins.
 
 
 
 
 
With the roll of burlap it made it easy to cut strips that were about 2" x 4", cut a bunch so you don't have to keep stopping once you get started.
 
 
Begin to make loops out of the burlap strips and securing them with the pins.  You can conserve on pins if you use one pin to secure the end of one strip to the beginning of the next strip.
 

 
 You want to work your way inward.  Once you have the outer loop done, begin the next loop.  I would alter the angle of the loops to fill any gaps.
 
 
 
You can let the burlap fray or trim it up to keep a cleaner look.

 

Here is the wreath with just ribbon... very cute right? 
 
 
In light of fall I decked it out with some autumn accessories.  For winter some red berries will be pretty, in the summer I can use starfish and shells, and for spring maybe some speckled eggs!
 
 
 
 
Now for the Twine Wreath-
 
 
What you need:
1. Twine
2. Foam Wreath frame
3. Ribbon
 
 
Secure twine by simply tying a knot.  You can begin wrapping, I suggest wrapping at an angle versus straight across.
 
 
I started doing it straight across, it would natural switch to an angle so if you start it at an angle it will look much more seamless!
 
 
Add some ribbon, you can keep it plain or decorate it!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts