Falling for Fall


I am all about the mantel!  It's the center focus of your living room, and your living room is the center focus of your home so it is a perfect place to showcase your style!  Normally as soon as it is September I am breaking out all of my "Fall" Decor, but I was not nearly as "put together" this year with everything going on.  Regardless, I finally found some time to break out all of my goodies and I started off with the mantel!


 I kept the lanterns as well as the white wine bottles that I painted, the large "H", and one of our wedding pictures, and some silver candle sticks.  I have a great autumn swag that I use every year and then I took out the magnolia flowers from the bottles and swapped them with some wheat!  I switched the candle sticks from a white to a gold metallic and placed ceramic white gourds to tie in with the rest of the white.  How about those pumpkins... and they're REAL!  I actually found them at Walmart... I saw them at a friends house and HAD to get them!



 
Now, on to the rest of the house!

 I found this box and then a print out and used modge podge to put it on the box! 
Then filled it with some faux apples! 
Some damask brown candles are in cylinder vases from the Dollar Store.


I own TONS of glass cylinder vases so I filled them with gourds and clustered them together.  Rather than putting a battery powered candle in the bottom and having to reach in every time and take everything out to turn it on I just put a few in the middle of the cluster of vases. 
Same effect as if the lights were in the base of the vase!



A fun little burlap runner and candle with some tall pussy willows in the background!


After all that hard work it was time to WINE Down and catch up on my
Southern Living and Better Holmes and Garden!

Comments

Popular Posts