Low Calorie Crockpot- Apple Cinnamon Pork Tenderloin

So I saw this amazing idea of a recipe on pinterest of course and decided to give it a whirl! Found it here  It was absolutely a home run too!  I switched it up a bit to cut down on the sugar (calories) for my serving, but kept it as is for the hubby's serving... still a lot healthy then some other similar recipes I have seen!

Pork Tenderloin
2-3 Granny Smith Apples (based on the size of your tenderloin)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Honey

Since this was my first time making it I only used one small pork tenderloin, approximately 2lbs if that and it was a perfect serving for two. (sometimes I like to make extra for lunch or leftovers)

Start off by slicing your apples, I went ahead and removed the skin, but you could certainly leave it.  I did very thin slices.

Once that is done take our your tenderloin and make multiple slits about halfway down through the meat

 Then take one third of those apple slices and place them in the groves of the tenderloin, then put the other third at the base of the crock pot.  Once in the crockpot pour about a half a cup of water over the apples then top with cinnamon and nutmeg.

 Once your apples are in the tenderloin you want to add your cinnamon, nutmeg and honey.  I put a toothpick in one side of the tenderloin to indicate "Husbands Side".  On this side of the tenderloin I drizzled in the slits and over top a local honey. (You could use Agave Nectar too).  On my side I left the honey out and honestly it still tasted delicious! (obviously I'm aware that since it cooked together I was still ingesting honey but at least it wasn't drizzled all over my serving)


 Once you have completed that, take the rest of your sliced apples and place them on top of the existing tenderloin and top again with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Since this was a smaller tenderloin I decided to store it in the fridge over night and wait to start cooking it in the morning


At 7:15am before I left for work I put the crockpot on low for 5 hours


When I got home my husband was already over the moon because he had already sampled this creation and was ready for dinner!  I served with wild rice, sweet potatoes, and sauteed spinach!  YUUUM!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts